"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, June 17, 2010

First email from the CCM

Hola! i have fifteen minutes to write to let you know I am doing well. The second plane ride was fine and it was dark by the time we arrived to the airport. I met and talked to Elder Lontine. Me and hma Moeai gave a book of mormon to a lady on the plane and many of us missionaries taught lessons.



The food here at the CCM is good, better than that of the Provo mtc that is. We have more studying time here. Elder Udall acts like a little brother. He´s not in my district but whenever he sees me he makes sure I´m doing well and tells me about the most random things, such as today when he told me about an ant hiding from termites in a bed of soil.

I have a new companion. Her name is Hma Pond. She arrived in Guatemala 12 hours before our group did.  She´s from Bountiful.

There hasn´t been too much rain yet. The first day was difficult because I was tired from getting up early and I felt completely lost. We ate at about 10 and I didnt get to bed until after 11. Now I´m doing better. I can speak some spanish, but everything basically left when i got off the plane. The only thing I can do is bear my testimony in Spanish, and I can hardly understand a word of it. It´s difficult.

Pictures can only be taken on our pday, which I think is wednesday still. Mail will get to the US by someone bringing it to the border. The most reliable mail way is dearelder.com.

Guatemala is an interesting sight. There are strange bird calls in the morning and I haven´t seen too many insects here yet. I sleep on the top bunk again but this time there is no railing so I will have to be extra careful.


We have strange people in our district, which is called Abraham (districts here are by names and not numbers). There are only 2 of us hermanas in our district and 10 elders. There are four n. american districts and the rest are native speakers. We don´t have classes with them.




I can´t think of more to write so I will write later. I love you all and tell kiana to have fun at girls´camp. Love Desty

No comments:

Post a Comment