Well, this week was interesting. We found more of the inactive members and found out where others live. I think we are going to complete our goal of finding all of the inactive members this month. This past week on one of the days, we were studying and heard a knock at the door of the gate. I opened it and there were the Jehovah Witnesses. They gave us a flyer that I put in my journal. Now we have found their house, and they have found ours. Another day, in the night, Elder Black was telling us some words he had learned of a language called Pokoman or something like that. I said it sounded like Pokemon and this caused Elder Black and his comp Elder Manzano to begin laughing, and they laughed, and laughed and laughed. This morning on the bus we were listening to techno and there was a song that reminded us of Captain Hook and the crocodile. At the end of the song someone said, ´´I´m going to get you´´. This made it even more funny.
| These are photos with 2 of the investigators, Katherine and William. |
December 17, 2010
We had divisions so I went to a little colony of Antigua named San Pedro. It is a beautiful place, the temperature is nice, the people are friendly, and the house is huge and pretty. The elders were living there up until the last change- Spoiled they were. We went to a ward devotional tonight and I participated by singing in the choir. There was a RM from our mission who came to watch (Elder Aceituna). He said it was strange to go back to a normal lifetyle, to not be able to put on his plaque again.
It is so cool to live so close to the volcanoes. Although some people might think it scary, as I did before the mission, it really isn´t and is actually awesome to see an active volcano blowing smoke or causing huge flashes in the sky at night.
Oh, so I´m with Hermana Gaitan here in Antigua speaking 100 percent spanish, but it´s okay. I occasionally think of when I have to leave to return back home, and I know I will miss it here. I love Guatemala.
Well, that was it for that. Of course I do miss it a bit to be at home, but I really do like it here. Spanish feels so natural and here feels like home. This week and last week there have and will be posadas, catholic processions in which they carry statues of Mary and Joseph and go from house to house seeking refuge. It is cool. I´ll send pics. Well, I am going to send pics right now, but as for my testimony, though you won´t be able to understand:
Yinwetaman re ri kolonel k´es chuqa xa kayew ta roma roj. Ajaw, katata´, yiruwajo roj. Roj oj rajkual ri ajaw. Joseph Smith e ko ach´el re q´ij, rub´i Thomas S. Monson. Ajaw ritzijoj kin roj. Yinwetaman re ri rochoch ri Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días kitzij. Yinwetaman re ri wuj richin ri mormon kitzij, chuqa ri ach´al´al k´es e tunul katzin.
Love you all. Adios
No comments:
Post a Comment