"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 27, 2010

short email--pictures coming.......

Yeah, I am. (Happy--I mentioned how happy she sounded in her phone call) I had bought pb from the office so I still had some, and I made cookies that we could take to give to people while we caroled. I will keep the jar you gave me as back up. 

I had a feeling that Kade would call not too long after me. (Elder Kade called while we were on the phone with Destinee and had to call back later--just like everything else with their missions--she is minutes ahead of him--lol) Ha ha.

I think I am coming down with something too, but I am not sure. It could be that I am just tired. I have had headaches every day for the past 5 days. That is really not fun.

Hey fog... I know that stuff. I see it often here. Luckily there is no rain though. 

Oh yeah, I don´t know if you sent the birthday package yet... more likely yes than no, but if not, I do have 1 request... dried apples. It is funny the things a person can miss. I can´t find dried apples here, or spinach, or cottage cheese. 

Oh, speaking of food I have had many tamales. I ate one while on divisions in Antigua, then last week for Christmas Eve we had tamales with the Xocop, on Christmas we received tamales and gifts from a family that we teach english to the kids... the kids are actually not very young, but we call them the family with the four kids because we recognize who we are talking to, like ¨la familia de los patojos.´´ The oldest is 22, the second 20, the third 17, and the fourth 15. Anyway they gave us tamales. Then we had black tamales with the family Rodriguez... yuck. Black tamales are much sweeter and are made with chocolate, but still have the meat and the same outside. Those are too sweet for me. Then we had red rice tamales last night. I think I don´t want any more tamales for some time... too many. I am sick of them already.

It´s fun to receive all of these mini letters. (I had her siblings write mini messages on the email this week) Thanks all. I am going to send more pictures this week and write less because I already told you basically all that happened the past week. Love you lots. Love Desty

No comments:

Post a Comment