Last week Destinee mentioned that she was going to be the nurse for the mountains. I asked her what that involves since she has no medical background. Her is her reply:
The mission nurse isn´t really a calling, it´s just a responsibility I have been given to help my companion get the medicine she needs and assure that what we get helps her, like finding rinofed plus and fiber from the pharmacy. Nothing too big, just taking care of my comp.
I also asked her about her name in kaqchikel from last weeks email. Here is her reply:
About the kaqchikel. K´astab´el means Park, but Rosa likes flowers and parks have flowers and trees and things that grow, so they gave me the name of Hermana Flower instead of Hermana Park.
Here is more from her email this week:
I am grateful that Kiana made me promise I would write each day because really it helps. It´s fun to look back on the experiences I have had when I am having a tough day.
Well, not much more has happened recently. This past week we contacted much and didn´t have too many people that we found, not much success. It was Emmanuel´s birthday Saturday so we bought him a tie and then went to the family Rodriguez to deliver papers that we had to give him. Then before leaving and after saying goodbye we told him that we didn´t forget about his birthday and gave him the present. It was fun.
Also, I believe I have told you about the four that we teach English to.... well that I teach English to. The oldest, Kenny, knows much English. So as his homework, I have started leaving paragraphs that he can translate. The last week I left a part from the hymn book. This week I left a paragraph from the Plan of Salvation lesson. In this way we can teach about the gospel and teach English. Basically everything has been just normal this week.
So, as nothing else really, I will leave my testimony.
I know that God is our Heavenly Father, that Jesus is the Christ and Redeemer of all those in the world. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true and complete church of Jesus Christ, with the same formation that existed in the primitive church. I testify that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ as a fourteen year old boy and spoke with them, and that he defended his testimony throughout his life. He translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God so that we can have additional guidance in this present time. I know we have a prophet on the earth today that guides us, and his name is Thomas S. Monson. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
I love you all. Tell everyone hi for me and to continually prepare themselves spiritually, and to share the gospel with others because it is a modern pearl of great price.
Love Desty
No comments:
Post a Comment