"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 28, 2011

changed to Villa Nueva

First, I have 2 scriptures for this week: D&C 122:9 "Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." and Alma 7:23"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive..

New food I have tried: Guatemalan tacos, instead of meat they have mashed potatoes inside and are covered with onions and tomato sauce.

I was changed to Villa Nueva in the capital. It´s a pretty place but more of a city. My companion is from Honduras, has 6 months in the mission, but is a fantastic missionary. She has been a member with her family for 5 years but their family has not had the opportunity to be sealed because there isn{t a temple in Honduras yet and they have to save up much money to go to the temple in Guate. It is hot here after being in the mountains but winter´s coming and soon it won´t be too bad with the rain. The place I am at is large, with 30 colonies.

(This area) appears to be a successful area. There are 2 planned baptisms for March 13 and we´ve found many new investigators just this week.

The night before the changes there were 2 main fun things we did in Comalapa. The first, we went to the store above us and I had written a testimony in a Book of Mormon. As we bought some things I put the Book of Mormon down and then ´´forgot it´´ as we left. The reason is because a young man that lives there appeared to believe our words as we testified to another person one night in the mini store so we decided to leave the Book of Mormon for him. I hope that he found it, though. The second thing we did was later. We bought a pie and I made a simple card and we took them to the house of a contact (the guy that works on the buses and always charges less to us because we´re missionaries) and doorbell ditched. It was super fun. 

This family we also visited Tuesday night and I left with them a copy of the photo we had taken. They gave me a present also. It is something that the women there use to keep their weaving things in place, but the one they gave me has ´recuerdos´ on it. I am going to have to send a pic of it. 

And bits from journal:
We have had about 18 lessons since Wednesday and have found 10 investigators (new ones that is). Every morning so far I´ve eaten oatmeal and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Although I am hungry earlier I always have the energy I need. I may be the most tired I´ve ever been but I feel happy and successful.

Also, the majority of the people here are very happy that I came and are very nice to us.

I haven´t forgotten kaqchikel yet.
Rinwetaman chi ri rochoch ri Jesucristo ri los Santos de los Ultimos Dias kitzij chuqa rinin tacoxela chin ri rukajol ri ajaw. Ri tzij ri Jesucristo kitzij.
Hermana Destinee Park

tuk

No comments:

Post a Comment