To begin with, one day as we were leaving from the colony a guard called out ´´good night´´, but it was morning so I talked to him and told him what it means. He replied, ´´yo sé, pero él (pointing to another guard) no sabe Inglés. Estoy enseñandole como hablar inglés.´´
Saturday was scary. While in a lesson, and halfway through it we heard noises outside and people began screaming, especially a man. The woman we were teaching jumped up and said ´´they killed a baby´´. As she began to leave the house to see what had happened (this took place right outside the house) Steven, her 17 year old son, forbid her. Then Hermana Elvir and the member that was with us went to the window to look and Steven yelled at them to get away from the window (the both being females) and then he left to look. The baby wasn´t killed. The car just came really really close to killing it, and the father had began to panick. For this lesson we had arrived late. If we had arrived on time we would have been leaving by the time the car had lost control. Other blessings this week:
March 6, 2011 (journal entry)
Today I witnessed great miracles. 10 investigators attended church in our ward and 1 of them, making the 11th, attended in the Petapa ward. Of these 11 investigators there was a family that attended. Later as we visited and taught this family they said they´d like to be baptized. This week we found 11 investigators and four families. I feel exceedingly blessed. It seems that those investigators that progress have many difficulties. Lately I´ve related my experiences to gospel principles.
Today I witnessed great miracles. 10 investigators attended church in our ward and 1 of them, making the 11th, attended in the Petapa ward. Of these 11 investigators there was a family that attended. Later as we visited and taught this family they said they´d like to be baptized. This week we found 11 investigators and four families. I feel exceedingly blessed. It seems that those investigators that progress have many difficulties. Lately I´ve related my experiences to gospel principles.
1) In a testimony meeting once, an elder leaving stood to bear his testimony. He said, ´´I am hungry.´´ Although physical hunger is uncomfortable it´s important that we always hunger spiritually. Says Enos, ´´And my soul hungered.´´
2) While riding on a bus to Antigua I was on the last step and had to hold tightly with one hand on the rail so that I didn´t fly out. In Lehi´s dream he saw a rod that led to Christ. Those that let go of the rod were flung to the depths of darkness. If we don´t hold tight we too will fly into darkness.
3) At the beginning of my mission I heard of an elder that had been electrocuted. He had been outside of the house where a cable was hanging. This reminds me that we should always stand in holy places without the sort of dangers that can harm us.
4) Once my companion and I were locked within the gates of the stake center in Chimaltenango. We had looked for a way out and found no visible solution. Finally I decided to pray. After praying, a man passed by and came to our rescue with ladders, and helped us escape. From this experience I learned how powerful prayer was and how important it is that we have faith.
Well, that is all about this past week. I have never been so happy and yet so tired. It seems that I go to sleep and then very quickly morning comes, but even with this and with running to nearly every place, I have sufficient strength to help me continue forward. Tomorrow we will be going to Amatitlan, so I will tell you next week how that goes.
I love you all and hope the week goes well. I know this church is the true and living church, living in that we receive modern revelation by a prophet of God. Rinwetaman chi re ri kajol ri ajaw nukolonel chuqa k´es. El Libro de Mormón es llenado con las palabras de profetas de antiguedad y de Dios. Tell everyone hi for me.
Love desty
No comments:
Post a Comment