Everyone was talking about the earthquake and the tidal wave it caused. They said all of us in central america would be affected by the after effects but we only had a small tremor and nothing afterward. It was funny because we were studying and at 830 am everything began to shake. Hermana Elvir said ´´hermana, it´s shaking´´ but in Spanish. She was afraid, but I looked at the floor, felt the trembling, and then said, ´´sí´´. It didn´t feel like hardly anything. We have colder weather due to it.
So, Martes... um, Tuesday, we climbed a mountain in Amatitlan, saw the lake from a good distance, and saw fake ruins. Wednesday we taught one of the investigators, Steven, about the law of chastity and challenged him to keep it. He then and there took our an earring he was wearing (he hasn´t put it back in since) although he said it was important to him. We brought papusas, popcorn, and cocacola to the Family Reyes in the night and they were very excited because they usually don´t have dinner.
And from her journal:
Journal entry of Saturday:
March 12, 2011
This afternoon the zone leaders accompanied us for 2 hours. In the two hours we had one appointment and it lasted for about 1 hour. Nevertheless, it was a good lesson. At 5 we had to arrive at the church to fill the baptismal font. At 6:30 pm we had the baptismal services for Yoselin (18) and Manuel (9)... After, we went to the house of the Family reyes and I helped Teresa and Paula, the two oldest daughters, with English homework. This was fun.
As we were returning home, Hermana Elvir began walking slower and after a minute or so said (whispered), ´´Hermana, ellos son mareros´´, meaning a group of men that was walking in front of us. Even though I thought of how I should be afraid, I felt at peace an the thought came to my mind, ´God can easily smaite man, but I know I´ll never see a man who can smite God.´
Well, that´s all of the journal entry. Not too much more happened this past week because it went by so fast. We have a few other baptisms on the way, so I believe I will be writing more about that. Maybe we´ll have a month of snow? I hope so. We only have a small problem with having one of the families baptized. Well, a big problem: they aren´t married and cannot be married until the hermano divorces with his ex-wife, which will cost time and money, and they do not have money... What can we do? Well, we will trust in the Lord that things will work out. I am going to send photos of this past week, so you can look for that. Love you all, and know that I am doing well. I am happy, and tired, and ready to ´´rock the socks off in Guatemala´´ as Noel (from work) would say. Thank you all for your support.
Hermana Destinee Park
| Cinemark!!! |
| The lake Amatitlan |
| Walking across a bridge into the park |
| Zona villa Nueva (most of it) |
| Baptism |
| Baptism |
| The fake Ruins |
| Walking up the mountain and the lake from a distance |
No comments:
Post a Comment