"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 20, 2015

5 Miracles

A couple of weeks ago I had an extremely trying week and it actually continued into the following week. Because of it I had a period where I was suffering greatly with anxiety and didn't really want to be around people, and I began to lose my confidence. However, just when I was close to abandoning almost everything to do with my social and work life a few miracles happened. A girl in my ward needed to borrow someone's laptop that had photoshop on it and I happened to have that. As she was over working on her assignment, she told me about a group planning on playing ultimate frisbee during the week. So that upcoming week I included myself in social activities and went and played ultimate frisbee. The girl who told me about it wasn't there but I played frisbee with 5 guys. Two of the guys I already knew, while three of them were new to the ward. As a result of playing ultimate frisbee with them, the three new guys and their roommate quickly became friends that I've been able to hang out with each week. Because of my trial, I became much better at playing the piano (I spent almost everyday practicing to calm my anxiety), I began serving more, I spent more time with my family and people in my ward instead of those at work, and Heavenly Father sent me 5, I suppose 6 actually, miracles at the right time. 
I had dropped so very low that difficult week and a half, but Heavenly Father wanted me to see that He was still watching over me and loved me. He needed me to be humbled so I'd pay more attention to the answers and guidance He had for me. I know He is our watchful and caring Father that never abandons us. We tend to look down as we lose confidence in ourselves and have difficult trials, but if we'll turn around and look up, we'll see that He is there. Never give up on a difficult task. The Lord will provide the way and send blessings beyond measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment