There are times when I do not really want to write anything, and being in this circumstance today I also find that I do not know what to write, but as I felt a need to write this blog post I hope that I can mention something that will be of worth to someone.
In retrospection of current events around the world, including bombings in several locations such as Paris, it seems that once again we are fighting a threatening power that seeks to destroy anyone and anything that contradicts its own views. We also see similar contention within our own society, homes, and sometimes within ourselves. Interestingly enough, this should remind us of the ongoing war we continually fight on a daily basis: the war against sin.
Some that read this post will not agree that we are fighting a spiritual war because they have little belief in God and Lucifer, a heaven and a hell, but regardless of personal beliefs all can hopefully say that it is their (our) goal to become better each day; hence we are in some manner overcoming and fighting against our natural man and our mistakes. However, God does exist and Satan is the great opposer.
Why do I even mention this? It is necessary that we always remember who is our actual enemy.
Some days when we go into battle we will not win. We may leave the battle of the day with several deep scars, large bruises, and a grief-stricken heart. I know I have more than once, and sometimes I lose the battle many days in a row. However, simply losing one or even several battles does not mean that we should give up all hope. I promise that by continuing on through life's battles we will someday see great peace and happiness. While pondering the violence occurring throughout the world and my personal failures and shortcomings, the thought came to me, "All superheroes at one point are at the mercy of their enemy. Any individual that has attempted to reach greater heights and goals has failed several times in their journey. Every storybook character has a conflict that they must resolve. Regardless of who we are, we will sometimes fail and fall on our journey through life. Those that reach better days and achieve their desires are those that continue to fight, keep moving, and work hard to achieve their dreams. If you don't give up on life, it won't give up on you."
Wherever you are in your life, keep going. Keep fighting for what's right, for your desires, and for your goals. Pick a side and stay on that side with courage, and hopefully you are on the right side, fighting against the evils in the world. God the Father does live and there are better things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment