We made donuts to bring for the youth so that they would help us bring people to church. We didn´t have any success with that, though. And I make international food for hermana benavides. She likes making desserts and pizza and french toast. I usually make papusas, tortillas, I´ve made crepes... cannot think of too much more lately that I have made... oh, and salsa yesterday with tomatoes, onions, lime juice, and salt. It was delicious. Here is an interesting fact. The limes are called limones, and lemons are called lima-limones. There is another fruit that is like an orange but doesn´t have a strong flavor that is called lima.
How was your day with Hermana Garcia? What did you do? Her mom said you were going to Chimal. How was that?
The divisions were fun. I liked it in Chimal. It was warmer and there was a lot of beauty there. I learned much from Hermana Garcia. She prays every time she enters or leaves the house. I should pray more. She also said how creepy (mom's know) it was that her mom knows everything and asks her about it before she even writes home about it.
The cat wasn´t a problem. Hermana Benavides took care of it. It died before I even woke up.
About the idiot guy who grabbed you--you did the right thing. Remember your Karate training!
Yeah, I am so glad I took karate which heightened my reaction skills. We actually passed him while we were walking home a couple of nights ago. I didn´t see his face or anything the night that he touched me, but both me and Hermana Benavides had a bad feeling as we passed this guy. But now I am always on the defense with piedras because I know I have got the skills of aiming thanks to the days of work at the theater and rubber band wars. (for all of you theater friends, I am sure you know what she is talking about)
I haven´t been taking my vitamins every day, but I should start because I need to get rid of this cold I have. As for changes, we won´t know until tonight if we are going to have them. I will let you know next week. So I am going to try uploading pictures now to see if I can send them. Bye
And now PICTURES:
| my last district (her first district in the Guatemala City Central Mission) |
| Hermana Earl and I (trainer and first companion in the field) |
| The house (the house she lives in) |
Hermana Benavides and our ride in the back of the truck to Chimal Comalapa |
Oh, and so this past week. What else happened? We had a zone meeting where we met with the zone of Solola... something like that. I was going to have another divisions, but we didn´t because the other hermana hurt her ankle and couldn´t do it. During this day, I felt tremors twice. Once at 5:30 in the morning, and the other during the meeting. Do you know if there was an earthquake that happened somewhere? (there are always earthquakes in the area because of all the active volcanoes)
More Pictures!
The following are pictures taken while making papusas with the family Sotz.
More pictures of Comalapa
The next picture is of a spinning wheel. Comalapa has much weaving. It is awesome to watch them work.
We had a rain storm that included hail. So I took a picture of it. Also, the water has to be poured so hermana benavides was carrying the water but the container broke, so the one of me is sweeping out the water.
Destinee's house is the green building you can see in the first picture. She is standing in the "kitchen", which is a separate building.
And in closing, Destinee wrote the following: I am so grateful to be here. It is difficult, I cannot lie, but the growth I have seen in myself is incredible. Time really does pass quickly when we work hard. I want you to know I love you. Life may be hard, but I know we can get through it. I know this church is true. It is the true church of God. He has created a plan for us that we can return to live with him. And I am grateful I can live eternally with you all. Got to be obedient and get off. Love Desty
No comments:
Post a Comment