Responses to my email:
A mission is so worth the sacrifice. If someone doesn´t go, they will have doubts and regret the rest of their life. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I wasn´t here- if I didn´t choose to go on a mission. I think I would be pretty bored. Crazy things happen here all the time, and at home, I definitely wouldn´t progress as quickly. It is the best growing experience ever. A mission is really hard, but I have never been so happy.
And her email:
Okay, so this past friday we had three way divisions among Comalapa, Patizia, and Chimal 3. Hermana Garcia came here and Hermana Benavides went to Patizia. Earlier that morning we taught Walter Katu. After the lesson, he told us that he cannot receive us because he assists another church. Nothing could describe the sorrow I felt, but Elder Knight said that this is the feeling of when we have charity for these people.
So the first thing that happened during divisions was that we were walking to the family colaj and there was a drunk man that grabbed my hand, and tried pulling me toward him, but I stood my ground. He began crushing my thumb and I was thinking ´´ouch, that really hurts´´, so I did a martial arts hand maneuver and released myself. Hermana Garcia thought it was hilarious.
Later, Hermano Emmanuel accompanied us for an hour, but nothing worked out. No one was at their house. Then the next hour to 8 in the night Hno Cesar accompanied us. At one point Hermana Garcia must of misheard because she thought that Cesar was preparing to go on his mission, although he´s been off the mission for 2-3 years. So all the night she thought that he was really preparing. Even his mom didn´t say anything when we went to teach her. Finally at the end of the night I told him in english that he doesn´t need to lie anymore. (She didn´t know either that he speaks english). The reaction of Hermana Garcia was funny.
Well, love you all. Hope all goes well this week to come. And say hi to Grandma and Grandpa for me. Tell them I love them much!
Love Desty
No comments:
Post a Comment