Dear Family,
For the changes, Hermana Elvir left for Antigua, San Pedro, with the house that is very pretty because it's like a large cabin with mirrors all over, a nice patio, huge beds... Yeah, I know it. I received as companion Hermana Gaitan, who came from San Pedro. She has 5 months in the mission, a twin sister, and there is no one but she and her twin who are members of the family. She is from Nicaragua, Managua. There were two missionaries that left for their houses: Elder Romeros and Elder Tux. Nearly one half of the mission was there in the changes it appeared, and President Baldwin shared with us of the anniversary of the church, or rather the organization of the church. The Church began with 6 members and now, as I looked around in the meeting of changes, each of the many missionaries represent a family of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is beautiful to see and receive insights like that.
For the changes, Hermana Elvir left for Antigua, San Pedro, with the house that is very pretty because it's like a large cabin with mirrors all over, a nice patio, huge beds... Yeah, I know it. I received as companion Hermana Gaitan, who came from San Pedro. She has 5 months in the mission, a twin sister, and there is no one but she and her twin who are members of the family. She is from Nicaragua, Managua. There were two missionaries that left for their houses: Elder Romeros and Elder Tux. Nearly one half of the mission was there in the changes it appeared, and President Baldwin shared with us of the anniversary of the church, or rather the organization of the church. The Church began with 6 members and now, as I looked around in the meeting of changes, each of the many missionaries represent a family of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is beautiful to see and receive insights like that.
Thursday when Elder Musick called us and I answered he said, "Que tal, Hermana Parquecito?" He said the same thing last night also. Funny funny. Well, at the end of this week I felt ready to crash. Due to this and minor illness we took a break sunday for a couple of hours to rest.
How have things gone for everyone? I received some dearelders and a card today. I will send letters tomorrow, hopefully. Oh, we are writing today and had our meeting today because yesterday there was a training meeting for the new missionaries. Tomorrow will be our Pday.
We haven't heard anything else about the mareros... but this reminds me of something funny. The sister that cooks our lunch told us that all of the stores by the main street have been bothered by the mareros, that the mareros always go to those stores to take money. After this we stopped at the store within our residence. I said to the young man of the store, "did you know that the mareros have bothered the storekeepers on the main street?" He misheard the first time and said, eyes growing wide, "Mareros? Donde?" We assured him there weren't any nearby and then repeated the question and if they had bothered him before. Within the residence the people are safe from the mareros it appears.
Well, I really can't think of much more to write... We don't have any baptisms prepared for this week, maybe for the week to come. I really would like to see a baptism each week.
I know without a doubt that this is the Church of Christ. He is the head of the church and has called a prophet to guide us. I love you. Write to you next week, and have a fun week. Love Desty
No comments:
Post a Comment