"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 4, 2011

I indeed enjoyed conference. All of us north americans went to a separate room to watch conference in english. It was fun because several experiences happened, which were funny, especially when applying the talks. For example, one of the elders had cut pictures of girls from the liahonas and then we listened to Elder Scott´s talk, in which at the beginning he said missionaries should not waste time in idol pursuits.

That is so weird that kiana is nearly 16. Happy Birthday Wednesday Kiana! 

I have been sick as well with a cold. The weather changes terribly. In the night there is wind and it is cold, during the day it is super hot. I have been suffering here, but not in vain because I have been working. We found 8 investigators this week.

San Cristobal wasn´t too bad. We walked a lot. Before going there, I took part in a zone meeting of the zone Mariscal. 

Changes might affect me, well our companionship rather. Hermana Elvir has 4 changes here or 6 months, so she might have changes, but we´ll find out tonight. Who knows... Well, other than these things... Conference was fantastic. I´ll write some of the things I learned.
1) Sacrifice all that is bad to feel good and live better.
2) Be humble. Jesus comes first.
3)Take small steps on the path to discipleship. It is better to arrive late than never. 
4) Through Christ I can do all things.
5) I need to be self-reliant so that I can help others, especially those that suffer.
6) It is usually through others that God answers our prayers and meets our needs.
7) Our Heavenly Father always answers our prayers when we have faith but in His time and His way. We have the responsibility to keep pressing forward in faith and remain worthy to receive personal revelation.
8) What would I sacrifice to go to the temple?
9) We are many times ´cut down´ so that we´ll be what God wants us to be. God directs our course. 
10) Teaching is more powerful and effective than punishing. 
11) We should be like President Monson and let nothing get us down. 
12) Live the hightest law. This is not your way but His way. 

Well, that´s it for the writing part. Now I will be sending photos. I love you all. I testify that this is the church of Jesus Christ and that we have a prophet to guide us. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and can help us receive answers to our prayers. Until next week.
Love Hermana Destinee Park  

And a picture from the mission blog:


2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" one of Destinee's pictures that included Elder Musick. I'm glad someone's child takes photos and sends them to her mother. :)
    - Cathy Musick

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are there for your "borrowing". Anyone that finds their son or daughter in photos is welcome to them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete