Dear Family,
This week it rained a lot so several nights we were walking home wet, or during the day we were in places that became flooded and walked through deep water. It was fun. Bad thing is that my companion lost her umbrella in the bus.
Tuesday we went to Antigua and it was really cold there, perhaps because I am use to the heat now, because before Antigua wasn`t that cold. We shopped a little and ate in a place called Mono Loco`s. On the way back to the coast from Antigua we were stuck in traffic because there had been an accident farther up the road. However, we finally left and returned home in time.
The week has been full of problems and difficulties of all sorts but I am fine. There are changes this Wednesday but we still don`t know if we will have them until later tonight.
We would have had a baptism this weekend but our investigator said she didn`t feel ready and didn`t want to be baptized yet.
Sunday was fun because church was good with fantastic results of church attendance and with cool lessons later. We met one of the families of the branch, the Family *****. We already had met them but didn`t know who everyone was because there are 6 kids, and hadn`t spoken much with them. The hermano has a brother there in Utah that married with a return missionary.
I also gave a talk on service.
In the form that I wrote it, here it is:
Mosiah 2:17
There is a story that I like that Elder Uchtdorf shared in General conference about 2 brothers named Zimri and Abram... (To read that you`ll have to find the talk. I believe it is one of the General Conferences from last year. (http://lds.org/ensign/2010/05/you-are-my-hands?lang=eng)
Service is one of the most important things that we as members fo the church can do. We are only human beings and do not have the power to do much but we can affect the lives of others through service.
President Monson said, ´´My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by people that need our attention, our esteem, support, comfort, and kindness, whether they be family, friends, acquaintances or strangers. We are the hands of the Lord here on the earth, with the command to loan service and build up His children. He depends on each one of us.``
Who should we serve?
We are all familiar with the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-35).
All of us are brothers and sisters and should serve everyone. If we serve others we will have more peace and happiness in our lives. Service will one day return to us.
Where I am from there is a lot of snow during the winter. Each time it snows my dad cleans the walkways of the neighbors. I have learned much from his example. One day it had snowed and our neighbor left to clean the walkway of another neighbor. When the other neighbor saw that his walkway was clean, he, thinking that my dad had loaned the service, cleaned the snow from our walkway. By the end of the day all of us were blessed by the service of someone else. I know service will bless our lives and will bless the lives of others.
I would like to finish with reading from Hymn 16 (29) and the 7th verse, which says... (and again you`ll have to look this one up: A poor Wayfaring man of Grief´´.)
When we serve others we serve our Savior Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
This is more or less the talk because I was giving it in Spanish and have to translate it here.
Anyway, that is all for now. Love you all,
Love Hermana Destinee Park
No comments:
Post a Comment