"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 26, 2011

 A note about last week's earthquake: "Last monday we did indeed feel the quakes as we were writing home. However, when we do feel them they aren`t strong, although supposedly the center of the earthquake is close by. The missionary moms have nothing to worry about. I know that our Heavenly Father watches over each of us obedient missionaries and protects us. If He didn`t, I would probably be in pretty bad shape for some of the things I have passed through in the mission, and I know there are many other missionaries that have passed through bad things as well. However, all of us are still well and working hard."

On the road to Antigua


Dear Family,
Well, this past week there were changes. I stayed in La Gomera, and I believe I will finish here, and Hermana Marin left. I received Hermana Manzanares. She is from the coast of Nicaragua. Many this change returned home. 

I was studying from Moroni 7:45 this week and discovered some interesting things about charity. A person that has charity endures, and even after years feels the original love toward someone else; he or she builds up others to help them know that they are children of God, is not jealous neither prideful, is not easily angered, does not seek his or her own desires or wants, is righteous, and has faith.




Friday night we were waiting for a meeting, and I played soccer with some kids there at the church as Goalie. I did well and it was fun. Well, now for a journal entry: 

Sunday, September 25, 2011
It`s the end of the day and I`m tired, and the adversary is throwing fire. He`s been working real hard today putting obstacles in every way. My feet have ached while walking, we`ve been exhorting and talking, and now that the day is over, I am glad it`s finally done.
 
We did not have to give talks as planned today because the presidency of the mission was in the branch meetings and they instead gave talks. From the two areas 6 investigators attended church, and the attendance was well, but many still disappointed us for not arriving to church. The day felt long and hot, and we had little success with everything. I look forward to another week with another beginning.

It isn`t a depressing journal entry, just a tired one. This past week was hard. So I also found out something interesting. Some of the people here eat an animal called a Takuacin. Well, this week I had the chance to see one that someone had as a pet. To my astonishment it is... get this... an opposum! Wow... interesting. Well, love you all. Enjoy the week, and I will write to you next week. 
Love Hermana Destinee Park




No comments:

Post a Comment