"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 3, 2011

I did hear conference and in Spanish this time because there aren`t other sisters in the zone, but it was a great experience. I heard that about the tabernacle but did not fully understand about having another temple in Provo. Is that because the Provo temple is the most busy temple?

My hair is staying the same, not changing color, maybe growing longer. My skin is getting darker. 
 
I didn`t know Hermana Manzanares before but she is awesome. She has a positive attitude about everything, is almost always happy, and has the desire to work. One can see how she loves to be a missionary. 

My feet haven`t hurt from my shoes, just from walking. I have tried the inserts and they`re in my shoes right now.
 
Here we have 2 types of weather: really rainy, and we don`t stay dry, or really hot, like being in a Sauna. 
 
I did not hear the RS conference, only general conference, but thank you for sending part to me.
 
This is something I wrote in my journal:
``I can see all that I`ve experienced in my mission and it`s interesting to know that I have learned from my experiences and have grown. I feel that my testimony is stronger because I know now that Heavenly Father truly watches over us and protects us. 

`Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent...`. ``

General conference was really uplifting and I learned much, but there isn`t much time to write all I learned. I watched general conference in Spanish, and it helped me to depend more on the Spirit to teach me rather than the words of the prophet and apostles only. 

Finally, Sunday night, I ate... Iguana. When I first saw it I did not want to eat it but the investigators told us that we could not leave until we ate the iguana, so I did. It actually tasted really good, just doesn`t look pretty. Well, love you all. Hasta la proxima semana,

Love Hermana Destinee Park

No comments:

Post a Comment