"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear Family,
Last week we put a crazy goal to find 35 new investigators. The goal for each companionship of our zone is to find 13 new investigators, but I really had wanted to try finding many several times before, so I talked my companion into it, and we put ourselves to work. Happily enough, we achieved this goal by finding 3 new investigators between monday and thursday, 7 new investigators Friday, 15 new investigators Saturday, and 10 Sunday. How happy I was to reach that goal. I feel as Ammon did when he told his brothers in Alma 26:12, ``yea, I know I am weak. As to my strength I am nothing. Therefore I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things.`` 
 
We had a baptism Sunday, and I will have to send photos later. It was an awesome week. I believe that Lucifer knew that we were about to do great things because of the experience that happened to us the week before. Also, by the end of this week, our health began declining a little, so we are having a little difficulty now, but still we are pressing forward. Sunday I was fasting, but by the end of the day at 6 PM I had a little pain in my stomach so I stopped my fast. 
 
Then Monday night I felt a little nauseated, and Tuesday I became sick to the stomach for the first time in the mission and have been quite weakened by this. Last night I could not sleep well. 
 
We had a conference Monday during which President Brough told us that we are at war. He said that our standards and our goals have been raised here in Guatemala Mission Central and that Satan will now be working harder against us. It is like Joseph Smith said about how the enemy must have known early that Joseph would be a great instrument in the hands of God to fight against evil. It is with us as well. Our enemy knows what we are capable of doing and will try to work harder against us. I have raised my standards and my goals, and I have reached those standards, and now Satan will have power to raise up even more against me, but I am willing to take what he throws in my way because I know that he cannot have power over me and that he will not win in the end.
 
I may be weak, but I have no fear. Now, this may mean that he can work against my family as well, but I know without doubt that God will help us. He will take care of all of you there at home. Remember that whatever happens is for our good and that it will not last. 
 
I love you all, and testify that we can do all things in the strength of Him who loves us. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only completely true church of Christ in all the world. I know without doubt that it is the only church that has the authority of God to act in His name here on the earth because the Spirit has testified of this to me. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and can give us the answers that we seek because it contains the words of Christ and of His prophets. We live in one of the greatest periods of time that the world has ever seen because the greater the opposition, the greater the light. I love my mission and I love serving the people here. It is one of the greatest blessings I have had in my life. I have learned even beyond what I thought I would learn, and not only of things temporally but of things spiritually also. I know that if I turn around now or lack in what I can do, that I would be denying all that I know to be true. 
Love Hermana Destinee L Park 

No comments:

Post a Comment