"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 31, 2011

Like a dream

Dear Family,
I felt so strange this week with all that has happened. I really don`t have much to say about all that has happened. However, I will explain some things though maybe not in order. 
 
Destinee's District (don't ask me why they are in front of a Christmas tree already--lol)

 
 
We played volleyball tuesday with two of the youth, and tomorrow we plan to do it again for pday but with water balloons. 
 
We found one night a tarantula in our house and as you probably remember, I do not like to kill things, neither do I like dead things. I pondered about what to do with the tarantula and as I was thinking I remembered all that Satan has before put in our path to harm us. I thought about something from the CcM that the animals are our enemies on the mission, so I came up with the determination to kill the tarantula. I grabbed Raid, and my companion said that if that didn`t kill it she`d stab it with her umbrella. I sprayed, and sprayed and sprayed the tarantula, it freaked out and ran out of the corner until it paused facing us. My companion stabbed it with her umbrella, and like in a movie the spider shattered into several pieces as if made of glass. Guess who cleaned it up? me. 
 
A goose that lives in our backyard
 
We suffered a lot of tiredness and poor luck this week, as well as muscle pains and illnesses. By Sunday we both felt a bit discouraged, but our Heavenly Father gave us a bit of hope to show that He had not forgotten us. He blessed us in finding a family who is positive, and while teaching a group of youth, they all expressed the desire to attend church Sunday and be baptised also. From these two appointments our spirits were lifted in happiness. 
 
I truly am grateful for all I learned this week and that God never abandons us. Well, maybe for sending photos now.
 
Love you all,
Love Hermana Destinee Park
 
 
 
And:  I already received my flight schedule. That scared me a little, but I was prepared for it because like always, I had a dream about it beforehand. About four nights ago I had a dream about planes and in the dream I had a bit of fear, but I am still not baggy.  (what?  Why didn't she tell me what they were?)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment