Dear Family and friends, or whoever reads this,
Right now I am writing while listening to evangelical music in the background because that is what is playing right now in this internet place. Well, I guess I should take all of this step by step right? Monday night, this is the conversation when the district leader called us (translated to English):
``Buenas.``
``Que tal, hermana? I have the changes.``
``Ok``
``In Siquinalah, Elder Taylor leaves. Elder Jimenez stays and has an interview. In Ceiba Amelia... What do you think?``
``You two stay together.``
``Right. Well, that`s all then. Is there anything else we can do for you?``
``No. All is good.``
``Fine. We`ll talk to you tomorrow then.``
``Ok.``
``Hermana, wait. In your area... You leave. Hermana Manzanares stays.``
``What? Are you serious, elder?``
``Hermana, would I lie to you?``
I thought about it. Elder Toledo does not joke or lie.
So, Tuesday I packed a little, we went and learned how to make hammocks, played volleyball with waterballoons with the youth, and I bid farewell to those I could, and we had a lesson.
Wednesday we met at the change meeting. Nearly all the sisters had changes. I am now in Riveras del Rio of Villa Hermosa (it`s like where else could I have gone? I`ve been nearly every where else and the mountains are too far to finish the mission in) with Hermana Johansen. She told me that before the mission she had read my blog and so the first time she saw me she told her companion that she knew who I was. She`s awesome. She`s from Morgan, Utah and has 7 months in the mission.
The area is really calm and is like my subject, a bubble. It is boring after my other areas. I met all the rest of the district this tuesday. Now I have a bunch of elders bothering me about when I return home. There is nothing worse than that.
The change of the food bothered my stomach for a few days. In the coast I wasn`t eating much and not of the same substance, so here when they give me a lot of food it is too much. I have trouble eating full meals. The time is running too fast here. It is as if we wake up, contact and teach, and then suddenly it`s nighttime, and then as I hit the pillow to sleep it is time to arise. I have no idea where the time is going but I am doing what I can to use every minute wisely.
Sunday I tried fiambre. It is a big salad of meats, cheese, and vegetables like radish, green olives, onions, brussel sprouts, and other things. It is interesting, but maybe not the best thing I have tried.
Tuesday this week we played football as a district. It was fun although I fumbled many times, but luckily between me and the district leader we made a goal, hurting one of our teammates in the way. There are 8 missionaries in the district, of which I will write maybe later because I want to try sending photos also.
Well, until next week then. I love you all. I am doing well although the adjusting to a new area is difficult. I will keep going. Hasta luego.
Love Hermana Destinee Park
| Licuados |
| My last Tuesday in La Gomera, with the youth of the branch. |
| My last Tuesday in La Gomera, with the youth of the branch. |
| I and Hermana Manzanares (one of the youth, Victor, took this photo) |
No comments:
Post a Comment