"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 14, 2011

We ARE

Dear Family and others,

First for the studies. This week I read a little from Helaman 10 and 11 and here it talks about Nephi and how he worked hard to help the people know more about Christ. He unfortunately did not have success and the people rejected his words. There is no greater example of diligence and patience in the scriptures because he worked nearly three years before he had success. 

Also, the Jews placed upon themselves a curse, of which we read in Matthew 27:25. They claimed the responsibility for the death of Christ. 

Well, I found another reason about why the mission is like Harry Potter. There is a little of witchcraft and wizardry, which I will have to explain more later. Just know that I am a little freaked out by this part. 

My shoes are finally beginning to wear out. One pair is definitely worn out, and the other is on its way. I believe all of this is from the rain there in the coast, which should have worn them down a bit. My clothes are still good, but I have decided for the clothes that are more worn out by the end of this change, and that no one would want, I will burn. It would be a great death day also, for which I could stand behind the burning pile and it would appear that I am burning. All missionaries always do things like that for their death day. But I am not sure about that still because we would have to be able to find the things that would make all of this safe, and also we´d need the help of a member, so maybe it won´t be brought to pass. However, the idea was cool. 

Sunday was crazy. I had to play the piano, but there were a series of events. We went to talk to the bishop before the meetings and I told him that I was playing the piano and I had chosen hymns to play, but he said that they were choosing the hymns. It just so happened that three of the 4 I hadn´t played before, which was bad news for me because I hadn´t practiced much for at least three months. We entered in the sacrament hall and someone was playing the piano, so I was relieved, but when I went to show him the hymns he said he couldn´t play them and said it was better that I play them. I did a lot of praying, and somehow during the meeting I played each one just fine. Later in the night we went with a big group (we were 11) to visit recent converts, but the way is narrow and dangerous. We didn´t have any problems but it was scary in returning because it was already dark and we only had our flashlights. By the end of Sunday night we had found 10 new investigators and finished up 200 contacts for the week. I saw some miracles this week, for which I am grateful because it always helps us know that God has not abandoned us.

As always, I am grateful to be serving here and to be on the mission because it is a fantastic experience. I have learned from many experiences and challenges. Love you all.

Until next week, Hermana Destinee Park

No comments:

Post a Comment