"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 5, 2011

This week's email

Look below this weeks post to see last week's email

Dear Family,
This past thursday and friday we had divisions. Hermana Winder came to my area and Hermana Marin went to Escuintla. On the ride back after the divisions we talked to a lot of people in the bus. It was fun. Other than this the past week, I will share with you a bit of my studies.
 
Alma 39 is what I call, after reading it this week, ``The interview with the mission president``. Like Corianton, sometimes the missionary boasts (verse 2) and forsakes the mission for a few minutes to go after the lusts of his or her eyes (verse 3). The `she` that these verses talk about refer to the harlot, but the harlot does not have to be a person. For example, these ``harlots`` include sleeping in late, watching television, listening to music, or being disobedient to mission rules. 
 
Alma counsels his son, or we could say that the mission president (and prophet in this case), ``Go no more after the lusts of your eyes... Suffer not yourself to be led away by any vain or foolish thing; Suffer not the devil to lead away your heart again after those wicked ``harlots``(Alma 39:9-11).`` 
 
It is fantastic to apply the scriptures and makes reading the scriptures more interesting as well. 
 
Well, sorry for the short email, and for last week. I was a little frustrated with the last email because not all of it saved either so I can`t remember all that I wrote. But for next week you will all be able to see the photos and receive more of my experiences. 
 
Whatever trial and experience we have in life is for our good. I know that just as the early pioneers came to know God through their suffering, we too can come to know him through our trials and pains. I know that Christ lives and that we are guided by a prophet of God. I love you all.
Love Hermana Destinee Park

No comments:

Post a Comment