"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

El Regreso

Family,
As you all know I have finally returned from my mission to Guatemala City Central. I am grateful for the experiences I have had and I am grateful to be back. I would never trade my mission experiences for anything because it was one of the best things I have been able to do in my lifetime. I have learned much and know that the mission experiences have prepared me for life even more. Well, this past week on Wednesday we had a testimony meeting as the leaving group. The next day we had to arise really early so that we could be at the airport at 6 although our flight did not leave until 8:55 AM. We had started out as 5 sisters and 5 elders leaving, but 3 of the elders were from Guatemala and didn't have to travel by plane; one elder flew to Honduras and another flew to Panama. Hermana Benavides, one of the sisters stayed with her family who had come to pick her up, one sister left by bus to El Salvador, and one flew to Ecuador. Hermana Moeai and I flew to Dallas, Texas, but we were accompanied by six elders from the south mission. At Dallas, Hermana Moeai left to another plane and I continued on alone. I felt strange without a companion and without knowing really where to go. I tried waiting to see if the five elders who were continuing on to Utah would come, but I couldn't see them anywhere, so I prayed for guidance and was led to where I needed to go to wait for the plane. While I was waiting the elders came up and left their bags with me, I telling them that I was willing to watch the bags but if they were stolen it wasn't my fault. I was a little confused because my watch still had the time of Guatemala and I had forgotten that the states have Daylight savings time. However, I was fine and I finally arrived to the Salt Lake Valley, where the climate was much colder than what I am use to. I am thankful for the amazing journey I had these 18 and a half months. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church of Christ that He had established on the earth while He walked in His ministry. We have a prophet to guide us today and we are guided by our Heavenly Father. I love you all. I definitely recommend serving a mission. It will change your life!
Love Hermana Destinee L Park (now a released missionary) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment