"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Destinee's last email from the CCM

Hey. We get to write today because we are leaving tomorrow at 8 am. We said goodbye to everyone else today. It was really sad because I have made so many friends from this group. I had many of them sign my librito so I can keep in contact with them after the mission and took lots of pictures at the temple on Sunday. I will sometime send the card home with a list of everything and who´s who. I received the card today and was so excited to see the puppy. He´s adorable. Is he just cocker or a mix? I didn´t get the chance to read the card yet though. The day after last pday we went as a district and sang "I need thee every hour" to the other district. It was a really spiritual experience. Our district has become like a family but today it was no more really because Hermana Pond left. Now Hermana Moeai is my companion again. This weekend we baptized many people. The two APs were baptized and 4 other elders from the new North Americans. We have some sisters that will be baptized this week (ha ha). It´s fun teaching here but I am excited to teach in the real world. I took pictures of our fake investigators too, which you´ll see later too. It´s weird but the elders in our district remind me of Kade. Each has some characteristic like Kade. By the way, I believe you have it but the webpage for the CCM is www.guatemalaccm.com. I love it here and I am excited. I hope all is going well for you at home. I am sorry I don´t have much time this week to write, at least here, but I will send you more when I find out where the next step of the mission takes me. I love you all much. I have seen so much progression with everyone in my district that I have no doubt that the gospel changes lives. This is truly the work of God. I will leave you with a poem that President Steimle shared with us: Don´t set low goals. They have no magic to stir mens´souls. Buena Suerte in all things. Love Hermana Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment