"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, July 12, 2010

Relieving pressure, the mercado, and the cucaracha

A new dog! Wow. We get dearelders at the most 1 week. Not very often. Our Pday is today because we had a different schedule this week. All of the missionaries that have been here longer went out today so there is only 23 of us here right now. The new ones come later. We got to go on a tour this afternoon. We first went to the huge relief map and that was awesome. One of the police people there told us about the volcanoes and said that Pacaya´s erupting is a good thing because it relieves pressure and takes away energy from the Earth. Sometimes in life there are things that seem bad, but in the end they are good, kind of like the volcano. Often the pressure placed upon us that seems to stop our life for a short while, really is relieving us of the pain or pressure we will feel later in life. After, we went to the mercado or city market where there were so many things it was crazy. Some places did not smell very well either. Then after that and lunch (we went to Dominos and I could not eat much) we went to the museum. We took pictures on that one hill that is seen in a lot of the missionaries´ blogs. Right now my clothes are fine and we have washers. We have the chance to wash once a week. I have not gotten sick yet, luckily. My new companion, hermana Pond is going to nicaragua on her mission. She has all sisters and likes futbol. Hermana Roney is coming in tonight, at least we expect. Same with Hermana Amber Phillips. Our district is so awesome. We have learned a lot about each other and have worked to keep our goals high.

We have new APs called, from our district, which are Elders Johnson and Pulsipher. We also have Zone leaders, also from our district, which are Elders Ogden and Peterson. And then we have coordinating sisters as well, also from our district... Me and hermana Pond. We got called this weekend and we are in charge of welcoming the new hermanas. We are the first Coordinating sisters called here at the CCM, so we have to set the bar. We were feeling inadequate after the call because we did not know what to do, but some elders from our district gave us blessings of comfort. Elders Lontine and Porter gave a blessing to Hermana Pond, and Elder Porter said it, and Elders Wilkinson and Bench gave me a blessing, Elder Wilkinson saying it. It was Elder Porter´s first time giving a blessing. Also, a lot of the things Elder Wilkinson said while giving me the blessing were things that have been in a lot of blessings, including the setting apart blessing. The blessings reminded me of when I was set apart and how Kade got to stand in for my blessing.

I saw a cucaracha for the first time yesterday- a dead one in the Casa de CRE and a live one inside the CCM last night. A lot of spiritual things occured but I do not remember them right off. I did write them in my journal though so when I have that I will write you about them. I bought a journal that a teacher´s father makes so now I write one journal in Spanish, which feels much more natural to me, and I write the new one in English. The English one is huge so it will last me my entire mission I think, and it now has a picture of our CCM group. There are 3 more weeks left of the mtc. I am excited to go out and teach. My spanish has improved quite a bit, and I am beginning to understand it well. I still need more work but I am sure I will have it down more in 3 weeks. Tomorrow we will be going to the temple, so I cannot tell you about that this week. The spirit really works in mysterious ways but it is amazing the things that we can learn through the spirit
Este evangelio es verdadero y es nuestra responsibilidad para enseñarla. La Iglesia es la iglesia de Dios. Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y Jesucristo es nuestro hermano y salvador. José Smith fue un profeta y trandujo el Libro de Mormon.  El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios y contiene la verdad necesitamos en nuestras vidas. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment