It sounds like a busy week for you and a very hot one. I am glad it never gets that hot here. It is strange how long Kade´s illness was. So it is the last week and I started cleaning up some things. We went to the Centro yesterday again to contact. Also we have been teaching many lessons (usually 3 or 4 each day) to the other missionaries here. It is interesting how real some of them seem. It gives me a lot of practice and makes me more excited to go out into the field and teach people, but I still have trouble understanding the language. It is the hardest thing sometimes because I cannot help people if I don´t understand what their needs are. Also yesterday in the Centro, the mother of a family we talked to kind of made fun of me for not being able to understand the language, and here if you don´t understand the language you don´t know how to speak it and whatsoever is said is as if it wasn´t said in Spanish at all.
On a positive note, we get to go to the temple later today, which is a great thing because it has been closed for the past couple of weeks. Oh yeah, our dearelder letters always come the day after pday.
Sunday was quite interesting. It was normal of course but I had some cool things happen later on in the day. We had a devotional and movie. Before the devotional 2 of the elders rode on one of the machines, I think it´s called an elliptical? But they looked like rabbits and it was hilarious. I really wished I had my camera that night. We watched a Book of Mormon documentary which talked about the evidences here that the Nephites lived in this area. There was a time when the movie mentioned Christ´s visit to the Nephites, and then I remembered something from earlier on when I was reading in 3 Nephi about that experience. I remember how I had some sort of a daydream or imagination or something and pictured myself there, watching all of the Nephites being invited unto Christ. Then Christ invited me to go forward and feel the marks in His hands. Then it hit me that I am here where that took place. That now, not only through a vision, but in actuality, I have been invited by Christ through a prophet to come here where Christ once stood. To me, it felt as if I had been invited again. During the devotional, Elder Hatch told us that we need to have a high goal with baptizing because anything is possible. So I guess we´ll see about that.
We have a new rule that if we don´t arrive on time to class we have to roll a dice and the number determines our punishment. Well, not too long after we had that rule we were late to class. Hermana Pond rolled and her punishment was that she couldn´t have ice cream that day. Before I rolled I prayed that I would get the number that would benefit me most. Then I rolled and my punishment was that I had to sing the hymn solo. So we chose the shortest hymn and I sang it. It wasn´t too fun, but wasn´t terrible. Afterward I wondered why that punishment and then felt impressed to turn to DyC 25. Part of this section talks about being humble. The day before I had been studying how to be more humble, so I guess all worked out for my good. I truly did feel humble afterwards. I am grateful I am here and there is nothing I would rather do. I don´t know if I will even want to come home after all is done, ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment