"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy birthday Hermana Park!

I haven´t received it (her birthday package) yet but it will come... maybe I will get it on Wednesday because we have a meeting with the North mission in the capital and Elder Ballard is going to speak to us. 

Oh yeah, so for my birthday, Heavenly Father gave me the chance to see a baptism of an investigator. Jorge Muñoz was baptized.
marriage of Jorge and Blanca

Baptism of Jorge

Hermana Park, Hermana Perez, Bianca and Jorge on his Baptism day


What did the mission give me for my birthday? A new companion, and to be senior comp. My companion is from Honduras and is named Hermana Perez.
Hermana Perez is the first Hermana on the left, then Destinee is next.  This is a picture taken at the Sisters gathering last month, before they were companions.  































































Well, of the elders, they probably didn´t know what they were doing was bad, and the member shouldn´t be in the bar in the first place,(good point) but we didn´t know they were going to play pool in a bar so we couldn´t say anything about it.
 
Yeah, about Ty´s bday. Tell him happy birthday for me. I can´t send anything to him probably, but hope he has a fun day.
 
Ha ha, que calidad! Yeah, that photo of us was one of my favorites because all of us placed our cameras, hit the timer button, and then ran to place so it was completely random, but it turned out well. (she is referring to this photo from last weeks email.)

 
 
Well, not much else happened this past week, but I have something to ask of you all. Can you pray for me? Being senior companion first of all is difficult, although really it is just about serving more, but being senior comp to someone who doesn´t speak any English, doesn´t have much experience in the mission, and is a little difficult is something that I will have to work hard at to get through. I like her because she has a strong testimony and shares experiences, but you all can understand, I believe, how some people are. (if you want to know more, ask me)
 
However, I have never been more grateful in my life for the opportunity to serve a mission and to help others make a difference in their lives. I know I was called here in Guatemala for a reason and I am here to help prove that even the harder areas of the world have people who desire to make a difference in their lives and fight more actively for the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all and hope your week goes well. Tell everyone I send my greetings and to make sure to share their testimony everyday because to share our testimony will help us to grow. Adios,
Love Desty

No comments:

Post a Comment