Okay, so first thing. I wanted to ask you if anyone knows a Ryan Scott that served his mission in Guatemala and baptized Lucy Curuchiche and her family?
Monday after internet we ate lunch in El Tejar with all of the elders from our district. The cook for el Tejar always has a salsa made with chiles so the elders began to pass around this bowl, freaking out when someone took a scoop of the salsa to put on their food. The chiles in this salsa are small, round, and very spicy. When the bowl got to me, I put one scoop on my rice and the elders began freaking out, even moreso because I am a sister missionary. Then I put a second scoop on and they freaked out even more. To eat the chiles wasn´t too bad. They were spicy but I´ve had worse. The only thing it did to me, like all other chiles, was that I was full faster.
Tuesday we cleaned, bought fruits and vegetables and lunch, and then returned to the house to rest. My comp rested and I painted.
Okay, so of my bday, here´s the journal entry.
January 20, 2011
22 years old, happy birthday to me! I had a great birthday although I received few practical gifts. Half of the gifts I received from other sister missionaries I gave away (all of it was food) to other hungry missionaries, like my companion and Elder Romero.
We traveled to Montufer for a meeting with the North mision, in which Elder Ballard spoke to us, as well as Elder and Sister Clark. Every missionary got to air shake hands with Elder Ballard because he didn´t have time to shake everyone´s hands individually. Some key notes:
1. Don´t waste any part of your mission.
2. Be an exceptional missionary.
3. Always be conscious of the worth of one soul.
4. Light a light that will never burn out.
Later, as we arrived to Chimal, we were to meet a couple that were going to carry us back to Comalapa. As we waited for them to arrive we entered into a large devotional in the stake center. Bishop Burton was talking and then at the end of the devotional the choir sang the ¨As Sisters in Zion and Armies of Helaman medley,´´ which I love! Also, I had the chance, along with my companion and 6 elders that were there, to shake hands with Bishop Burton and Elder Martino.
My comp´s been sick almost every day this week so we haven´t made many visits. It´s so boring being in the house nearly all day, but at least I have much time to study. (Destinee's companion has had it tough. If anyone speaks/writes Spanish and would like to write to a Hispanic Hermana, please let me know and I will give you the information)
Well, time for the photos. I love you all and hope everyone is doing okay. Tell grandma and grandpa hi for me and that I pray for them, hope their health is good and thanks for all of the letters and cards. Hug buddy for me. And tell everyone else hi and if they aren´t members of the church to look it up because it is the true church. If it wasn´t I wouldn´t be here on a mission. Love you all,
Love Desty
These are the two paintings I´ve done on the mission. The one with the tree is not finished quite yet, but I painted the majority of it in about 2 hours the past pday.
| Another Christmas Picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment