Para: Todos
Interesting. I received a fantastic idea by writing the subject. I was thinking of what our ward does, trying to read Preach my Gospel together.... Calidad.
Interesting. I received a fantastic idea by writing the subject. I was thinking of what our ward does, trying to read Preach my Gospel together.... Calidad.
Well, unfortunate news is that I forgot my camera, my memory card, and what I have written in my journal. Good news is that I still have a brain and can use it to think well on this past week and what has happened. Well, to begin with, our week has been terrible because we have only found 2 new investigators, we had less lessons because we were contacting, and I really didn´t feel like working due to feeling ill and tired, but I pushed myself each day to keep going forward. Each morning, for some odd reason, I have awoken at 5:40 AM, more or less. (Hmmm, I have woke up every morning at 5:39) However, I am happy.
Last Tuesday I made sloppy joes and fried ice cream for Family Oscal, some members in the ward. They enjoyed the food. To be honest, I really don´t remember too much. This weekend we celebrated a birthday, and we had a fantastic lesson. The lesson was with Family Godoy, that we are trying to help to get married and be baptized. We fasted from Saturday to Sunday, and then did our best to help everything work out. We brought them to the house of a member family that includes a recent convert. Also this member family recently was married four months ago. There in their house we watched a movie with them about the problems there are in marriage but how the gospel can help. We also had the help of the mission leader and his twin. The lesson appeared perfect and the Spirit was strongly present. I have a strong testimony now about the power of fasting.
I truly am grateful for the experiences that I have each day, from being in a rain and hail storm, to having strange responses while contacting. The mission is something fantastic. I have learned how if we have the desire to change our hearts, to love others with pure charity, or to help others change, we can do it through prayer and fasting. Sometimes I regret not doing better in the past but at the same time I know all that I can do better starting now and I know I can be better. It is amazing all that one can learn.
I began reading Preach my Gospel from the beginning and there is much I have learned and much personal revelation I have received. I am grateful for this gospel, and for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it is Christ´s true church and that the gospel can change the lives of people.
Well, until next week, love Hermana Destinee Park
Other tidbits (words of wisdom in response to my email):
All is done in the time of our Heavenly Father. Many times we want something to happen or don´t want something to happen, but it has to happen to help us to understand better what God has in store for us. Sometimes when the trials and problems occur it is to help us understand better the divine plan of salvation our Heavenly Father has given us. If we did not know the bitter, we´d never know the sweet.
All experiences help me to grow. I thank all of you back at home for supporting me in my mission because it helps with many trials that I have to pass through or to be able to help others who have problems in their lives.
´´rejection of the gospel and what it teaches us never was happiness´´ ( I agree with her 100%. My own true happiness began the day I realized that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and that I needed to be active and give it my all)
No comments:
Post a Comment