"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Replies to my questions:

I was talking to Elder Jacobs in the bus today and he's going home Wednesday. His family is coming to pick him up and he said they'll fly in tonight. Then he asked me when I go home, and when I told him he said it was weird because it seems not much time ago I entered into the field. He was in the offices when I entered the mission.

Hermana Gaitan had a reaction to something made with chicken salt, something that they use a lot here, but it was a mixture of this salt with something else. (last weeks email)

The photo (last weeks) with the 2 elders is Elder Gonzalez from Salvador and an elder that is in the zone Mariscal. The other photo has Elder Coreas, Elder Wolfgramm, Elder Gonzalez, and that other elder.

If I have changes and go to the coast it won't be too bad. I am actually looking forward to it because I have seen all the other major areas. I don't think I would finish there but I could have 4 months there. Well, on to photos and other emails. Love you, love Dest 

Dear Everyone,
Tuesday we had to go to zona 10 for lab exams for Hermana Gaitan to see if she has amoebas. Arriving there wasn't any problem. Returning, we got lost. At the end of the day I felt really tired and we rested a little. I rested only about half an hour because I also had to clean some things. I thought of the saying that Elder Musick left, "At least I've still got my legs." This saying helped me throughout the week. Why?
Starting Wednesday my left foot began to hurt. It made it difficult to walk and it's swollen. We've still had appointments but not as many bed cause I have had to walk really slow. A distance that usually takes 10-15 minutes takes me almost a half hour. I've been resting it as I can and putting ice on it. 

Wednesday night Hermana Gaitan made a nicaraguan mean and we ate it with the Family Oscal who are members. The meal included maduro, gallo pinto, fried cheese, and tortillas.

I've felt like a failure this week with my foot and low dats but as I thought I realized I have had a lot of success in the mission. In each area someone I taught was baptized, I left each area better than when I arrived, I've done my best although my best wasn't perfect, and I have been obedient in all the ways I can be. It's like Elder Lontine told us in the CCM:  "God cares more about your availability than your capability because of your possibility." I've had some tough days this week but also blessings. there was a baptism of 12 year-old Dulce Morales. It was fantastic. Also our last appointment of the week we found a family. I learned how to make a Colombian food called arepes. It is made like crepes but fried like scones. I'll have to send a recipe later.

I'll let you know of the changes next week. I know the church is the church of Christ. If everything that I testify of wasn't true, I would not be here. Until next week,
Love Hermana Destinee Park

No comments:

Post a Comment