To all, dear all, and all to come,
I loved receiving everyone´s testimonies this week because this is what edifies me most. I received testimonies from Kade, Mom, and Dad, and you´ll have to wait for mine a bit. It will be the most important to write for this week, but it is best at the end... Last´s the best, right?
Tuesday we had an activity with Villa Hermosa, which was boring because the elders only wanted to play sports and there wasn´t anything else planned. The sisters didn´t want to play so they decided they were going to go shopping, and I tagged along (I couldn´t stay with the elders, of course). The shopping was boring as well, to tell the truth, and in the night when Elder Nielson called I told him that. He was surprised because he thought, as he told me, that ´´all women like shopping.´´ Sorpresa! Not so. (why do people think women like shopping? Hermana Park takes after her mom I guess) After the shopping, all of us sisters (seven of us) went to Burger King to eat, which was my first time there. Imagine that!
Also I spoke to Elder Park this day and discovered that we are related!
This week has been hard but that´s okay because I learned much and worked hard. We had fun experiences this week. For example, Thursday we ate lunch with Hermana Peña and then dinner with Family Oscal. When we were with the Family Oscal the power went out, but we enjoyed the typical Guatemalan dinner of black beans, eggs, fried platano, and tortillas.
Friday we had a zone meeting and at the end played the animal game. I did not have to dance like a chicken, luckily.
We had divisions, and Hermana Flores came to our area and Hermana Gaitan went to el Frutal.
Saturday to end the divisions we met in the mall and ate together again.
However, we had to hurry back to our area after because the zone leaders were going to accompany us. It was fun working with them there, and during one of the lessons it began to rain hard and we were outside, so we had to enter. The zone leaders were soaked by the end because they didn´t bring umbrellas. Also there were flash floods and large ponds of water.
Well, other than all this, Sunday was the most special. We didn´t have many of our investigators attending church, but I invited and persuaded a recent convert, the youngest we have had, to share his testimony. I offered to go with him up to the pulpit. After some time, he finally accepted and we went up to the front. Also his little sister came and some thought she was my daughter, but all was explained to those who thought this. It was a spiritually edifying moment because I too was nervous, but knew that I had to be there, even in the most awkward of situations, for this young boy. He shared what he truly believed and was the only one out of all the recent converts of a year and a half that has shared his testimony. I also had the opportunity to share my testimony which I don´t have the opportunity to do much in front of the ward.
Each experience here strengthens my testimony and I can say without doubt that I know that Christ lives now, that he died for us, and has prepared the way for us. The Book of Mormon is true and guides us. The Spirit stays with us when we are worthy and obedient to all of the commandments. Joseph Smith saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ and they guided him to restore the true church of Christ here on the earth again. This I share with you now, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Con amor, Hermana Destinee Park
No comments:
Post a Comment