"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 30, 2011

Raindrops are falling on my head...

A Todos and All,
The lizard we found in the pila this past week wasn´t dead. I made sure to check on Tuesday. Then later the elders of Petapa offered to come and take it out of the pila. I gave a bag to one of the Elders and then made a trail of bottles for them to follow to the back. Then we (Hermana Gaitan and I) waited out front and the elders entered and removed the lizard. One of these elders wanted to write his name on the stomach of the lizard, and then he let the lizard loose. That afternoon we played sports in the stake center. While playing basketball everyone kept passing me the ball to make baskets but it didn´t happen. Finally, after the game I made a basket.

Elder Nielson was pushing us at the beginning of this week to find new investigators, and it sounded like he didn´t believe we were working. I called him out on it and he apologized. Then we made a challenge to see which companionship could find the most new investigators this week. The losers have to buy a pizza for the winners, and it was between all three companionships in our district. Today we saw the results and... Elders of La Union and Hermanas of Las Margaritas tied, and the elders of Promison lost. It was a fun challenge but now we have the goal to find 30 new investigators this week as a district.

It rained a lot this week. One night we slept well because it was colder from the rain. Another night it rained while we were in the house of a recent convert and when we left for our house we had to pass by the church. The street by the church was flooded. We waded in the water, which was midcalf deep. Last night it rained hard and I got a little soaked... and a little ill as well. I woke up this morning and my lungs hurt. We walked much yesterday, traveling all of our area on foot, so we both slept well and woke up sore. I love the missionary work.

Sorry there isn´t too much more to write. Each day appears the same in some ways and at other times it is really different, like if we have baptisms for example. Oh, and Saturday we had a ward activity with games, a message, paches, and fellowshipping. One of our investigators who came made balloon pumpkins for all the children. The members were very supportive. It was fantastic. 

Something important I learned this week is that when we humble ourselves God humbles others. I know that humility is one of the key factors of success. We will not see much success until we can truly humble ourselves and show our Heavenly Father that we are willing to accept His timing and His will.

I testify that Jesus Christ, after 2000 years, still lives and loves us. 

We are guided by our Heavenly Father by a prophet that receives revelation and speaks directly with God. Joseph Smith was the first prophet of this last dispensation and spoke with our Father and Jesus Christ to receive the instruction that he needed to restore the church of Christ on the earth once more. With the power and permission of God, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon so that we can read it now and can know of its truth. I know without any doubt that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and can guide us and give us peace. Like 3 Nephi contains, Jesus Christ truly came after his resurrection to the Nephite people and taught them. He invited them from the place where I now am to come unto him, in the same manner in which he invites us to come and follow him.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ. I invite all who have not done so to read from the Book of Mormon, and pray and ask God, the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ if the Book of Mormon is true, and I know that the spirit will testify of the truth of it. These things I leave with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, my leader, amen.

Enjoy your week everyone, keep going forward.

Love Hermana Destinee Park




No comments:

Post a Comment