I forgot to write everything down in a notebook of the things that had happened this past week so I will do my best to remember. Tuesday we went to the temple, all of us sisters and it was awesome. I told you about most of it on the phone so I will send photos of the temple. I couldn´t take a good photo, but at least I have one.
Well, this week we had divisions Wednesday and I went to el Frutal. It is a beautiful area and the members are helpful. The cook of the other sisters of the Frutal made us a lunch that included all of the food groups. In the night we bought pizza. It was fun. However, the next day I began to feel ill. I have felt ill to the stomach since thursday so I haven´t eaten too much. I have eaten mainly a little bit of pasta, mango, white bread, crackers, and a lot of water. This weekend I also ate bananas and yucca. Mostly I drink a lot of water.
Last night we visited the bishop and his wife because my companion said that she still doesn´t know him. It was fun to talk to them. They are a couple that are maybe in their early thirties and are really respectful to each other. Other families or close friends use the term ´´vos´´ but they only used ´´tú´´ to each other.
Friday we had a zone meeting and saw some magic tricks because the zone leaders brought in a RM that does magic shows for his work. He showed us some cool card tricks. I still can´t figure out how to do them.
We will find out about the changes tonight. My companion wishes to leave the area , but I don´t want to leave. We´ll see if we have changes.
We will find out about the changes tonight. My companion wishes to leave the area , but I don´t want to leave. We´ll see if we have changes.
The week has been a little difficult in the work, but has been good also. Sunday we had a family that attended church. They said that they still had to earn between 300 and 500 quetzals to pay the rent of their house, which money they earn by selling candy on the buses. However, they left their work and got dressed in proper attire, and came to church.
We had another investigator come to church who is the son of a recent convert, and he is 13 years old. He also came dressed up in a collared shirt and tie and said he enjoyed church. Earlier as we were teaching him he told us that we wanted to be baptized, but he also told us that he hangs out with mareros (gang members). He said he has never done anything with them but said that once when he tried to stop hanging out with them they came looking for him and threatened to kill him. This, therefore, could prove a big problem for him. For him it would mean that if he chooses to change his life and be baptized he could lose his life. If he isn´t baptized and doesn´t change anything he will be fine, perhaps, and keep his life but will not receive the eternal blessings. It opens my eyes to understand better the scripture that ´´he that keeps his life shall lose it, and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it´´. I´ve seen the sacrifices of many investigators and members to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe experiences like these will stay in my life forever.
Now I have questions for you all.
What is the most testimony-edifying experience you have had this past week?
What is something you expect me to do or want me to do, specifically, this week to come?
If you could choose one thing to change this past week what would you change?
I don´t have too much more to write this week but I will leave my testimony with you that I know our Heavenly Father loves us and guides us through his prophets. He never has and never will leave us alone. We will always have His help. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and can provide guidance and peace when we have difficulties or problems. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ´s church that has been restored in the earth through a prophet called of God.
I love you all. Love Destinee
What is the most testimony-edifying experience you have had this past week?
What is something you expect me to do or want me to do, specifically, this week to come?
If you could choose one thing to change this past week what would you change?
I don´t have too much more to write this week but I will leave my testimony with you that I know our Heavenly Father loves us and guides us through his prophets. He never has and never will leave us alone. We will always have His help. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and can provide guidance and peace when we have difficulties or problems. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ´s church that has been restored in the earth through a prophet called of God.
I love you all. Love Destinee
No comments:
Post a Comment