"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 2, 2011

Mom, that´s weird about what happened to Kade because Thursday night I was praying before bed and I prayed that Kade would be protected and just as I said those words an image of several men holding a coffin came into my head. Ever since that night I have been worrying about Kade and what had happened to him because I felt like something bad had happened. It made me cry a bit and then I became anxious, looking forward to today to find out what you had to say about him. How glad I am that it wasn´t anything worse. (Hermana Park's brother, Elder Park, was hit by a truck last week while on his bike.  Luckily, he walked away with minor scrapes and bruising)

Sorry about your ankle. That´s no fun.(Yep, mom sprained her ankle)

About the mother´s day call I still don´t know. Mother´s day here is the 10 of May but if I don´t call that day I will call probably the 30 with my companion. More likely the 10th. I will have to let you know next week maybe.(???  I have no idea.  However Mothers Day is the 10th in Guatemala)

Nope. Didn´t get a bunch of emails but that´s okay. Dad said he´ll send dearelders. 

Well, there isn´t much that happened this week. We didn´t have success and things went by really fast. We had placed a fecha with an investigator for May 14 but I don´t think it will happen so soon. This investigator,  is the father of a member. Last Sunday he told us of something he has done that will take some time for him to be baptized. 

When Elder Musick told me of all of this by phone, I wanted to cry. (It isn´t Elder Musick´s fault so we can´t blame him) I say this because some parents would say ´´You made my daughter cry, you horrible person.´´ Just kidding. I am just a bit goofy at times and don´t have much to write so why not write some jokes? They aren´t that funny, sorry.(they make ME smile.....)

Well, other than this the changes are in 2 weeks. A short time, a few missionaries leaving (Elder Musick one of them), so we will have a new district leader for sure, but who knows what else will happen. 

Tomorrow is the birthday of my companion. 

Um... don´t know what else to write. Here are some new facts:
a) Before the mission my favorite day of the week was Sunday and the least favorite day Monday
b) Here on the mission my favorite day is monday and my least favorite day Sunday.

Sundays are so difficult. 

Well, love you much and hope all is well. I know that our Heavenly father loves us and that we as missionaries have angels watching us every day. If not... well, I would have gotten hurt by now. The church is truly the church of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Also, the Bible testifies much of the Book of Mormon and the restoration but the people do not understand it. Until next week.
Adios, Love Hermana Destinee Park

Here is a picture from the Mission blog:

The color purple is the the color of Easter in Guatemala..
it signifies the royal blood of Christ... purple flags drape all
the buildings in Antigua.

No comments:

Post a Comment