About changes and coming up on her year mark: I´m sad and in shock, and basically just normal about it. I am asked that question all the time: how much time do you have in the mission? I sure have learned a lot this past year. Doesn´t seem like a year, though. Changes... did not affect me. We stay together and in the same area, but we have a different District leader.
About the title: I told her about the preacher who predicted the end of the world......
Familia,
Well, Monday I brought a white tie that I had bought from the temple and everyone in the zone signed it, then we gave it to Elder Musick as a goodbye gift. Maybe you´ll receive the photo. (yahoo, the pictures went through this week! The rest are at the bottom. Welcome home Elder Musick!)
| Elder Musick |
Tuesday we didn´t do much.
The members of our ward are beginning to work more with the missionary work.
Wednesday, We found out who is our new district leader. His name is Elder Nielsen. He´s from PG and graduated in 2009, but I doubt he knows Kade. The first night, wednesday, he called and I answered. When he found out my name he began speaking in English, but I didn´t speak in English so again he changed to Spanish. We´ll get used to it, I know, but we already miss Elder Musick. I´m sure he´s enjoying his house and everything....
| Our District |
We have a ward activity that we´ve began. I called it the ´Elder Clarke challenge´. It is with the Book of Mormon, which the members have to loan it to a family and try to persuade them to read the Book of Mormon. We have 2 families that could be baptized in June, but one isn´t married and doesn´t want to yet the other has only the husband who is not a member and wants to wait until he has a desire to pray. Hermana Gaitan doesn´t like contacting much, but when she does it she does it well. I am becoming accustomed to contacting.
| Compa Hermana Elvir |
(One day) we were talking to the brother of the mission leader, Josue, and a man came up to us and said, ´´good day, my lady.´´ Josue said, ´´Shut up.´´ The man then asked, ´´Is there a problem here, my lady?´´ Josue again said ´´Shut up´´. All this was in English so it was funny.
We haven´t found any investigators this week. (I bought a cd tuesday to bring home to you, mom. It is in Spanish, but the type of Spanish music I think you´ll like.) Something I do not like about the cds here is that although I like the music in spanish better here but all the cds are pirated. Ick. Anyway, that´s my week. I will write more next week and now I am going to try to send photos. Love you all.
Hermana Destinee Park
| Temple |
| Other food, with ketchup, made by our cook. (yum? wow, creative cook) |
| lizards we´ve found in our house |
| Our zone |
| Elder Vallecillos (with candy) |
| bday of my comp. |
Thanks for the pictures, Sister Park. I'd never get these cute pictures from Elder Musick. We are certainly enjoying having him home. We have truly missed him! Stay strong and work hard to the end! Congrats on your 2/3 mark - goes fast, huh?
ReplyDelete