"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 13, 2010

Answers to my questions 9-13-10

I am glad you got yourself a PMG. (I finally got my own copy instead of sharing one with my hubby and told Destinee in my email to her) It has great stuff in it. My copies are marked up. I have been taking more notes in my spanish one though because I have been reading that one more, but there are good notes for me to use in my English copy as well. 

There haven´t been too many problems with the rain and mud. There are some of the houses along the mountains that have broken in in some places. Our living quarters is more like a house, well, a cabin. Our yard is big and we have avocado (aguacate) trees, corn, squash plants, and red onions that we can eat when they are ripe. We try to keep everything clean. The shower isn´t too bad, but it is always cold. The first 2 days I was here it was warm, but now I do my best with the cold water. It´s not too bad after a while. 





There are not any monkeys because those are no longer in our mission. Also there are not many different birds. There are more than in the city, but none that are exotic. 

My foot has felt better, whether it is really better or I am just used to it, I don`t know, but I wear socks. the fuzzy ones I need to wash. We do our own wash because there is no one that wants to come and wash our clothes. Everyone is always too busy.

My companion has been in the area since she started. So since she skipped the CCM, she´s been out here for 2 changes in this area. This is her third change in the area. 

I will buy skirts when I get the chance. The corte is what is the colorful popular type and it´s cheaper to buy it here than other places. In Antigua they were sold for around 160 quetzals and in the mountains they are sold for 75. Actually, everything´s at a better price here. I just don´t want to get everything to carry around for the next 14 and a half months, but I will get stuff here. 
My companion told me that her package took a month to get to her so I will wait a week or 2 more before I worry too much, but you sent peanut butter? I will write more in a different email.

No comments:

Post a Comment