"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 6, 2010

Guatemala Mudslides

I was not expecting to hear from Hermana Park today because this week is changes and she will be changed.  However, over the weekend Guatemala once again experienced continuous rains and mudslides.  


Many have died in these slides.  I am asking you all to pray for the missionaries, and for the people.  These people live in such poverty anyway, but to have these disasters plaguing them every few months is horrible.  Until I hear from Destinee, I will assume she is safe.  No news is always good news.  As a mom, I worry about her wet feet, but then again, her feet have been wet since she got there!   Here is a picture of one of the slides:

No comments:

Post a Comment