We got a package from Destinee with her sd card full of CCM pictures and a few out in the field pictures.
She also sent her little sister a cool pen.
Here is a few tidbits of information from letters sent with that package:
When it rains here, which lately has been every day, I can stay dry under my umbrella, but my feet and backpack get soaked. Some places of Guatemala are pretty and others are dirty with garbage everywhere. I've traveled much of my mission area so far. I've been to the center of Guatemala City towards the mission office and hospital numerous times because a fifth or fourth of our days are spent there--so many people have too visit the doctor. I've also gone to Monte Maria to pick up my companion after the week of divisions, and Trebel as a meeting place a couple of times, Sand Cristobal for one day of divisions; The Vasquez for half of those days of divisions, and Antigua, where we went as a zone for P-day. So, as you can see, I have been many places in only a month.
2 more weeks (will be this coming week) and then there is a change. It is common for a missionary to be with their trainer for 2 changes, but Hermana Earl is going home in October and has to have the next nurse as her final companion so I know for sure I will have a change.
The mission really is an interesting experience. I've had so many trying experiences but I have learned so much. For example, some things are too big for missionaries to handle; there is always something I can learn from every experience or someone I can help; I must learn to be more patient in waiting before the result begins; there will always be something rewarding at the end of a tough journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment