Yeah, peanut butter is a delicacy. It is available to buy, but it is expensive. (I sent Destinee some small snack size peanut butters and told her to watch for it)
Anyway, other letter I write: This week I have felt sick. I have a cold and some stomach pains. Also, Sunday morning I woke up with back pains that basically continued through the day. (don't worry grandma, just keep her in your prayers)
The branch is small but I like it. I felt comfortable when I went to Church sunday even though I was called to bear my testimony to the branch. The turnout of attendance was 55-ish. I have met many of the members already.
Our area covers a lot of space. Sometimes it takes a half an hour to walk to our appointments. There are no cucarachas here that I have seen but at night our rooms are covered with other insects, especially spiders. It gets really cold here. That, with the smoke and dust, is probably the reason that I am ill.
There are some nicer houses within the town, and then there are shack-like houses in the fields. Sunday a family gave us corn to eat, and other families gave us hot chocolate and atol de mais blanca. I really dislike that drink. If you would like to try it, just take corn meal, mix it to make a thin, grainy drink, and drink it. It´s nasty! but the people love it.
It is a beautiful place here. I think, however, I have never been so humbled in my life. I have had to get used to being mocked. There are many people who make fun of the color of my skin because I am so light colored. However, one thing I can say is that not many people have seen many canchitas so I have the opportunity to say that I am one of the first canchita missionaries here. Yay!
Hope all is going well. I love you all much, and you all don´t need to worry about sending me too many letters. I have had some people worry about that, but really I do have time to read them.
Yo sé que si yo puedo hacer algo tan grande como una missión, alguien como yo, tan debil, que por menos todos en los Estados pueden hacer las cosas sencillas. Todos nosotros somos misioneros del Señor si tenemos la fe en Él. Hasta más tarde, Ka´di´ka.
No comments:
Post a Comment