And the doctor said, "Well, the doctor told me that it ´s probably some bone or cartalage broken around the joint of the toe, and that there is nothing I could do about it except provide more support with cotton and take IBU, but it´s healing well enough."
Questions and answers:
What was the best thing you did this week?
I returned to my first area! Woo hoo. Find out more in next email´s special.
What could have made this week better?
I probably could have served and smiled more.
What little thing did you find joy in this week?
A member gave me an umbrella because he saw how my umbrella was broken. His family is awesome.
What are your goals for next week?
Contact more and work my hardest. With three changes left, I want to make them the best i can make them. Ammon power!
What was the best thing you learned in Church yesterday?
Trust in God completely. He can play pianos better than I can.
What did you have for dinner last night?
2 little muffins because earlier some members gave us atol and pan dulce.
What is something you learned about your companion?
She has a lot of compassion for those who are suffering.
I returned to my first area! Woo hoo. Find out more in next email´s special.
What could have made this week better?
I probably could have served and smiled more.
What little thing did you find joy in this week?
A member gave me an umbrella because he saw how my umbrella was broken. His family is awesome.
What are your goals for next week?
Contact more and work my hardest. With three changes left, I want to make them the best i can make them. Ammon power!
What was the best thing you learned in Church yesterday?
Trust in God completely. He can play pianos better than I can.
What did you have for dinner last night?
2 little muffins because earlier some members gave us atol and pan dulce.
What is something you learned about your companion?
She has a lot of compassion for those who are suffering.
This week's email:
Dear family and all,
Tuesday I did go to the doctor b ut it was a waste of time to go there because he basically told me that I needed better shoes, reviewed my shoes and found them mission-worthy, and told me to take more ibuprofen. Later in the night while proselyting, we passed by the drinking corner in San Antonio three times and found one of our recent converts sitting, a bit drunken. We talked to him and he said, ´´Perdonenme´´ or ´´forgive me´´. I felt like crying and knew how his wife would feel. I carried his large heavy bag from work and we walked with him to his house. The bag was as a physical representation of the burden I felt at that moment.
Tuesday I did go to the doctor b ut it was a waste of time to go there because he basically told me that I needed better shoes, reviewed my shoes and found them mission-worthy, and told me to take more ibuprofen. Later in the night while proselyting, we passed by the drinking corner in San Antonio three times and found one of our recent converts sitting, a bit drunken. We talked to him and he said, ´´Perdonenme´´ or ´´forgive me´´. I felt like crying and knew how his wife would feel. I carried his large heavy bag from work and we walked with him to his house. The bag was as a physical representation of the burden I felt at that moment.
For Wednesday and Thursday we had divisions. I returned back to La Justo!! The members I talked to still remember me.
This week while studying from the book of Job I learned some pretty good things. Sometimes we do all we should do but all seems to go wrong. It is not that we are wicked but that we are being tried. To be changed from a lovely rock to a strong and beautiful diamond we must pass through the furnace of affliction. Our trials are only a small moment in the span of eternity.
Sunday I played the piano in Sacrament meeting, in front of 138 people and without practicing beforehand. I sure felt a bit of pressure, but I knew I would be well. I missed many notes, but afterward many of the members came up to me and told me I did well and how they were surprised I could play the piano. Maybe the prayers I did beforehand made it not so obvious when I did miss notes. We were disappointed by many recent converts, one of which lied to us, but we talked to ****** into coming, and although he awoke late he arrived to church.
Later while contacting a woman began talking to us from a higher window across the street. She was crying and continually entered and then returned to the window. She was extremely depressed but there wasn´t anything we could do for her because we weren´t allowed to enter and talk to her. A couple of times she called out ´´help me´´. It gave me a glimpse of what hell would be like.
Also, we heard of what one of our positive investigators had done. He was waiting for his letter from the first presidency to give him permission to be baptized but he lost hope and began drinking last week. Sunday morning he entered into his house and tried killing his ´wife´, one of our recent converts. His children, ages 19 and 20 tried stopping him but he threw them both. However, the recent convert had the chance to escape and left. I feel much sorrow for them and how they are suffering.
Well, for this week that is all that I have as far as experiences go. I will have to write to you about the changes next week. I still know the church is the church of Christ.
I love you all. (photos of my 2 broken umbrellas I bought in this area, of our zone, and of the stake center)
Love Hermana Park
No comments:
Post a Comment