"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 1, 2011

Water, water, water... no swimming

from a personal email to me:  Mom,I will be able to go to the doctor tomorrow. I talked to the nurse Thursday.  My foot has been hurting less but it could be that i am getting used to it. (I will let everyone know after next weeks email how the doctor's appointment went and what is wrong with her foot.  Thanks everyone for the many prayers on Hermana Park's behalf)

What did you eat for dinner last night?
I ate arroz con leche, a piece of toast, and an egg.

How are your shoes holding up?
My shoes still look pretty new, other than the rubber ones, which are more or less fine.

Are you teaching anyone right now?
We are teaching a lot of people, but not here in internet.(ha ha ha) Our last lesson was with a couple of missionaries during our district meeting.

What could have made the week better?
The week would have been better if the two of us had perfect health and had been able to contact more and find. We contacted, but didn´t find.

What was your favorite thing this week?
The zone conference and Tuesday which you will hear about more later.

What was your least favorite thing this week?

Being a little ill.

What did you learn in Church yesterday?  What were the talks about?
The talks were about the scriptures and how they teach of Jesus Christ. I learned that sometimes our teachers aren´t always correct. The mission leader said that God only calls one prophet at a time, but then after I showed him about two prophets that were around the same time in Esdras 5:1

Dear Family,
For Pday all the missionaries in our zone brought costumes and we did little acts. It was hilarious. After we played a water balloon game, which was like volleyball and with towels. After using up all the balloons, we played volleyball. 

Thursday we had a zone conference, in which I learned some things:
1) We should teach so that even a child will understand. We don't have to use object lessons but we should teach simply and clearly.
2) The first things we learn are often the most important. I need to teach as if I was in the MTC.
3) The contacts we do are references from heaven.
4) All I have to do is talk to people.
5) Faith is to believe and act.
6) The church never fell, only was retired from the earth.
7) I thought of how Peter began to walk on water but then began to sink. I came into the area with a lot of faith but I think in between some changes I began to lack it and became like Peter.
8) Every person on the Earth, if they aren't members, are inactive members of the church because everyone once accepted the gospel when we were in the Great Council with our Heavenly Father.

That day, Thursday, we saw lightning strike a lamp post near the church during a meeting. It sounded and looked like fireworks.

Other than that, I have a cold.  However, I am happy because I did my best (with a certain family she had been teaching) and I'll be able to say at the last day, "I did all that I could do to bring these unto Thee, and they would not." It's interesting to apply the words of Moroni to my life.

I am happy and we have a goal, more or less, to find 11 families this week. It will be difficult to do, and we have never done it before, but I am willing to try. It was more like Elder Nielson asked us how many families we thought we found as a district the past week and I said 11 as my guess, and then after telling us all what we achieved he told us that the numbers we guessed are our commitment for what we will find this week. I don't know how we'll do it, but we will attempt.

Next week will be the changes. Well, That's it for now. I bid you farewell until next week.
Love Hermana Destinee Park

No comments:

Post a Comment