"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventures and patience.....

 Today we have a shorter time because we missed email with our district, which I will explain later. (Since Destinee's companion is the mission nurse, they travel around the mission for various reasons.  This week they had an incident that they needed to attend to that involved a bit of traveling.  I am editing that part out of the blog for sensitivity to those it involved.  Feel free to contact me privately if you feel a need to know)

Estoy aquí todavía tratando a comprender el español, which has actually been a little easier lately because this past week I have had a latina companion because of divisions. Sometimes it is difficult though because my companion forgets sometimes what language she´s speaking and doesn´t explain things. This week we worked half in the Vasquez and half in La Justo. I believe I received flea bites from the Vasquez. This past week from capacitación many of the trainers got sick, including Hermana Earl. 

Tell Brother Golding thanks for the picture and book. 

I tried making knudel this week and it turned out okay, but not like Ty´s. So for a spiritual thought, read Elder Uchtdorf´s talk in May 2010 about patience. He said that patience is a purifying process. I thought of how they purify silver. Bye. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment