"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Just a bit of information from letters to others:

 We are always doing something and never get any breaks really until p-day.  I met a lot of people this week and it´s kind of funny because in order to remember who they are I have to connect them with people back home. I have seen many cucarachas. Almost every house has one. It is so hot here sometimes I can feel the humidity through my clothes, but I can adapt to it.  Someone washes our clothes, another woman makes us lunch each day (our cook). They have a weird way of greeting people that I have to get used to because right now it´s really weird for me. They kiss each other on the cheek as a greeting. It doesn´t matter if you know the person or not. But only the women. The men and boys just shake hands

So I have the craziest mission ever. With my companion being a nurse, she is also like the AP of all that goes wrong. If someone is sick, or a change has to be made with the sisters, she´s in charge, whether it is mental or physical. It´s been quite a ride since I got on my mission. I have ridden in strange little vehicles- one was a bus but it was like a van without doors. The other one was like a golf cart. I have seen areas from Vista Hermosa to the center of the city, to La Justo where I am at, to Venezuela, to tribal, and to other parts of the city. It has been crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment