"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hola familia (friends, neighbors, whoever reads this)

Hola familia (friends, neighbors, whoever reads this),
Thanks Ty for the postcard of the shipwreck. I love ships and was so excited to see that picture. I wish I could have gone. Thanks for all the letters too. I love letters because I get to see what others are doing. I love my mission but sometimes things are just the same day after day and letters are different. 




I have changes next week, and I am positive I will be changed. Hermana Ralphs, the new nurse, has to be trained as the nurse. This past week we didn´t have too much success- it was one of the harder weeks. We found a couple of new investigators but not many. We are helping **** prepare for baptism this week. We are hoping her baptism will be saturday, but we´ll see.

We have had some cool experiences. First, Sunday it rained very hard and we had rivers running down the street. We quickly became soaked from waist down from water splashing on us. The water was ankle deep in most places. Another experience that happened last week, we were walking toward some citas and it was sunny, but suddenly I noticed something a bit odd. Many children were running toward us, screaming. I looked past them and there was a curtain of rain steadily coming toward us. We had to quickly pull out our umbrellas. Another experience, for two nights in a row we had a chuchita (female dog) as a companion for a while. She walked with us while we knocked doors. Fourth thing, I held a chicken chick. A member brought the chicks out and placed them in our hands. It was kind of like holding a fluffy parakeet that doesn´t bite. Speaking of bites, the fleas are still getting to me, but soon they´ll be dead with permethrin. We lost 3 investigators this week because they didn´t want to come to church and didn´t want to hear more of the gospel message.

IT is cool hearing about all the misioneras that are going out soon from our ward. It is exciting. We really need more missionaries. Here in Central America there are many missionaries, but not all of the areas have missionaries and in the areas there are missionaries we cannot reach all the people. If only more people would know of the importance of missionary work.

I forgot to tell you about the buses, I think. The drivers try packing on lots of people in the buses so sometimes it is really packed. Some people call the buses here ´chicken buses´ because there´s barely any room, just like when chickens are transported. 

I am so grateful I am here even though there are many strange things about the country. I will write to you next week to let you know where I am. Be on the watch for my package. No hay una obra mayor que la obra misional. Cada persona en la iglesia tiene la responsibilidad a ser un misionero y invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo. Aun que la gente nos rechazan y ignoran las palabras que traimos, nuestra mensaje es verdadera porque no es nuestra mensaje, pero la mensaje de nuestro salvador, Jesucristo. Sigan adelante, mis amigos y familia, porque estoy aquí en Guatemala con el poder de Dios, y cuando yo regresa, voy a regresar con poder. Ojala pueden juntarse conmigo. Logren la verdad y vengan a Cristo. Testifico que estas cosas son partes de nuestro proposito en la tierra. Esta es la trabaja del Señor. I love you all. Farewell for now. Hermana Park

Some information from other emails Destinee sent today:
I will find out about changes next week. I probably will be the one leaving because Hermana Earl has to stay in the capital. My foot hasn´t been bothering me. It still hurts but it´s stronger and can withstand the pain. Hermana Earl just said that she could massage it for me, but I don´t want a foot massage.  

It has been rainy here. It´s also cold sometimes which isn´t good with the humidity. That way my clothes always feel slightly damp, but then with the cold, the dampness is more prominent. I have been out here for 3 months. I would probably forget if it wasn´t for people asking me often how long I have been out.

No comments:

Post a Comment