"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Vasquez--first email on 8-24-2010

The Vasquez is above my area, La Justo, and is pretty much the same. A division is about a week long, but this week it was only half of the day because of the training, so we didn´t have a full division. My latina companion I had for divisions was the same one I had in San Cristobal for the overnight thing.

I don´t think I will need a flea collar. There is a spray I can spray on my clothes, but I haven´t done it yet. I have been trying to eat enough bananas. Some of the Guatemalan dogs are scary looking, but the ones people have for pets and take care of are really cool. We still don´t pet them but when we are walking sometimes a big dog will come up and walk in front of us or by us to scare away other people. There´s are investigators we are teaching that have 4 dogs: a poodle, 2 other poodle-looking dogs, and the biggest german shepherd I have ever seen, which name is osa (bear in spanish). After that, I am not so scared of dogs here. I received the postcard. Thank you. I like it much. I´ll write another email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment