Well, here´s the letter i said i´d write. Last Pday was fun because we learned how to make relleños, which are made with platanos and frijoles. here are the steps, somewhat, if you want to try to make them. We first bought 6 platanos (not yellow, but not all black either), cut them up into fourths and boiled them in about 1 liter of water, not too much but enough to cook the platanos. With the black beans we used a really smooth mixture, like refried beans but more pureed, and mixed them with cinnamon. Then
1) peel and drain the platanos when they are soft, and mash them.
2) after they are mashed you can add sugar and flour to make the mixture more manageable.
3) the beans are cooked on a stove until they thicken
4) take the beans off heat, cool them by stirring, and add sugar
5) take platano mush and use the flour to make it into a palm-sized tortilla, place a little bit of the beans in it, roll up the beans to make a bun, and then fry it in vegetable oil.
6) sugar can be added on top.
They are kind of like a donut. One of our investigators reminds me of grandma park. She is so kind and says she knows she´s ready for baptism but doesn´t want to yet. We found another 2 families to teach. Wednesday we had an emergency division. A division is kind of like a split, like in The Errand of Angels, where the sister left for a week to go somewhere else, but this one was only for a day. A transfer, or change, happens every 6 weeks, well not always but usually. I will have a change at the end of the 6 weeks.
I went to San Cristobal. I´ve got to have one of the craziest missions here of the new missionaries because I am probably the only new missionary to have seen half of the city in less than 2 weeks. But everything´s better now and hopefully things have been resolved. In San Cristobal, I stopped in an anthill and was attacked. My legs received many more bites and afterwards were not happy. Ant bites hurt. I counted 24 but bites on my legs this week.
So as to last week´s question, Hermana Earl´s name is Jamie. As to scripture stuff this past week, I was reading in 2 Nephi 4:17-19. Nephi felt saddened but wanted to feel joy. He trusted in God. Scriptures like this help to make the scriptures more real and the prophets are not perfect.
About other investigators, there´s a girl about 14 or 15 years old who has had a tough background and has a messed-up family, but she´s what one would call a golden investigator because she called the missionaries and is ready and quick in keeping the compromisos. Her name is ****. I don´t know if I have mentioned ****, but her son Jorge started listening to us. She prefers to speak in English, but her son only understands Spanish so we taught in Spanish and made the lesson fun for him. We talked to a recent member today and she collects ducks from different countries here in Central America. It reminded me of Dad.
The days all seem much the same- much walking. This week is another division because the trainers have meetings so half of each day from tuesday to friday I will have a different companion and we will be covering both La Justo and the Vasquez. I tried a couple new things: Pan dulce, a sweet bread that is popular here, and chocopan, which is chocolate covered pan dulce. They are both really good. There are a lot of different breads here. Well, I will write more later. I love you all much and hope you´re doing well. Love hermana Destinee Park
No comments:
Post a Comment